9 Ways I Keep a Grip...
Ahhhh.... get a grip Sarah.... I have had a few of these days in 2020. I know I am not the only one with moments like these, I hope just like me though you have ways of getting that grip. My biggest wish for the world right now is that all the attention being put towards shutdowns and face masks would be channeled toward our own immune & mental health. I am not saying don't have an opinion, please do... & do what is best for you! This world feels so out of control, so lets control what we can... how we eat, how we sleep, and how we react to all of this.
We all know the saying "you are what you eat". I find its truer then I am sometimes comfortable with. When I slack off, which I do, I can feel it in my mind and especially in my body. What makes me feel better when I feel like a mess?
- Apoptogenic Herbs - These herbs help the body adapt to stress. Things like holy basil tea or astragalus root in your soup broth make big differences for me.
- Water with Lime - Lemon is great too, I just love lime.
- Dry Brushing - This is the all time best! Make sure you are doing this properly, I have plans to do a video on this soon.
- Hot Baths - Bath salts help, sometimes I make a strong tea and put it in.
- Herbal Infusions - Oatstraw is a great nervine and Nettle is so very nutritious.
- Having a Routine - Taking a break from my routine also is sweet!
- Meditation - Centering my mind is hard but necessary.
- Yoga - My favorite movement for this body.
- Take a Hike - Connecting with nature definitely helps me adjust my attitude!
This year has seemed to speed by slowly if that makes sense. A lot has happened while we have been in and out of shutdown and quarantines. It is a little hard to believe its already November. As we really move into the holiday season please take time for yourself, your mental and of course your immune health. Make a list of the things that comfort, relax, and make you happy. Remember that we are all trying our best to survive and try hard to put judgement aside. Also, take nothing personally!! Advice from my mom would be "Stick to the Four Agreements!" If you have not read it, I suggest giving it a try. Remember your health is your wealth!